Sunday 20 March 2011

'Exit Threw the Gift Shop' and other adventures.

So last night, my friends and I watched 'Exit Threw The Gift Shop', which, for those of you who haven't seen it, is  the documentary Directed by Banksy on street art, it was very good, although the guy the film is actually about was so annoying, he basically copied other people's ideas, and got other people to make the art for him. I know there's not really  an original idea left, but still. The film did sort of rise these questions.  He did make millions of dollars in a day which you know I'll in all likelihood never see a million dollars, so good on him.
The best part of the film was the interviews with Banksy, who seemed a little annoyed at the guy, not a surprise really. Banksy seems really cool, although that might just be because I'm a sucker for people who have alter ego's, like Banksy, Batman, or the phantom at the opera, ok I know the last two aren't real.

I have always loved street art, and the film showed the creative process and the risks involved with street art.  I think when I get my sewing machine back from my mom, I'm going to make some silk screen street art inspired clothes.

Also heard the sound track to 'The social network' I need to see this film, I'm behind on films, I know. But the sound score is amazing.

On the fashion side of things, I cut my bangs back in, I haven't had Bangs since grade 7, when I was made fun of for them, but who's laughing now, it's definitely me, with my cute bangs, oh dear I think I might becoming a hipster. but I think I might be ok with that. kind of. maybe not.

Tomorrow I face my Ex of a few days, not really looking forward to it, but hopefully things will be better and less dramatic afterwards.

Well now to the library to study for my Philosophy class.


I would beg for some one to follow me on here, but I not going to, mostly because I don't care, I'll keep writing regardless of audience.

Good Bye
lovely people.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment